Backup and Disaster Recovery
Do you have a Data Protection Plan in Place Should Disaster Strike?
Imagine your whole IT infrastructure went down due to a flood or fire, or vital data stolen during a burglary - do you have a data backup and recovery plan in place?
Houk Consulting can help put one together for you. We offer complete data recovery and data protection options for Pittsburgh companies like yours. Having the most up to date versions of your data immediately available offsite gives confidence that you will not lose any work in the event it is needed.
We install a backup agent on each server or workstation that needs protection. Any data that is on that machine can be backed up including SQL and Exchange. You can then restore data either through the agent on the machine or through a website. You can even open your backed up data through an app on your smartphone.
The Importance of (offsite) Backups
- All hard drives will crash during their lifetime
- More than 1 in 10 laptops will be stolen in their lifetime
- A laptop is stolen every 53 seconds
- Every year 46% of computer users lose their music, photos, and documents
- 50% of all hard drives will crash within 5 years
- 89.1% of PC users don’t perform regular backups
- A recent study from Gartner, Inc., found that 90% of companies that experience data loss go out of business within two years.
- 70% of companies go out of business after a major data loss
It isn't worth taking a risk. Our protection solutions include:
- Secure backup copies of your IT infrastructure in our redundant offsite data centers, which are safe from natural disasters and unauthorized access
- Full round-the-clock access to dedicated servers
- Automatic and ongoing secure data backup
- A full and functional copy of your data for data recovery within minutes in an emergency
If disaster did hit your office, you are at risk of losing both your information and the infrastructure that stores it - if you only have an onsite solution. A business owner should be looking to the future and know that not having an off site data plan in place is an invitation for disaster.
Would you know where to get your lists of contacts, sales sheets, tax receipts etc if you your systems go down? Do you really want to take the risk of not being fully prepared?
We'll manage and monitor your backup solution as part of our Proactive Managed IT Services. Contact us today to learn more.